Transitions® XTRActive® Polarized™
The only and best ever polarized photochromic lenses*
Transitions XTRActive Polarized lenses are designed for wearers who want extra protection in high-glare situations. Indoors they are clear with a hint of tint and outside they achieve a polarization efficiency of up to 90%1, which is similar to polarized sunglasses.
A new dimension of vision experience
The unique polarization technology reduces glare outdoors, providing a better vision experience with a sharper vision, a larger field of view and bright, vivid colours.2
*Compared to clear to dark photochromic lenses.
1. Based on tests across materials on grey lenses @ 23°C, using ISO 12312-1 standard.
2. EcoOptics Limited – Prof. Nicholas Roberts, Quantitative study evaluating the visual benefits of the polarisation properties of lenses, 2019/2020.
3. Compared to clear to extra dark photochromic lenses. Transitions XTRActive Polarized polycarbonate grey lenses filter 35% of harmful blue light indoors. “Harmful blue light” is calculated between 380nm and 460nm.
4. Based on tests on polycarbonate grey lenses, up to 10% darker than the previous generation @ 23°C and up to 5% darker @ 35°C.
5. Based on tests on polycarbonate grey lenses compared to the previous generation, Transitions XTRActive Vantage, a product distributed in the US, fading back to 65% transmission @ 23°C.
Transitions and Transitions XTRActive are registered trademarks and Transitions logo and XTRActive Polarized are trademarks of Transitions Optical, Inc., used under license by Transitions Optical Ltd. © 2021 Transitions Optical Ltd. Photochromic performance and polarization are influenced by temperature, UV exposure and lens material.
Who it’s for
Eyeglass wearers who are very light sensitive or who are frequently exposed to intense light and reflective glare.
Features & Benefits
Up to 90% polarisation efficiency1
Best blue light protection indoors3
Extra-dark up to cat.34
Activates in the car
Block 100% UVA & UVB
Up to 2x faster fadeback5